I walked by our shoe shelf and noticed Rayen had placed her Ken doll's shoes neatly next to her own.
Ry was playing with her Cinderella and Prince dolls and they were dancing. Then Ry has 'Rella (as Rayen calls her) look around and say, "Oh no! My s'ipper! Whereaooo s'ipper?"
We spent a couple days watching the movie Brave over and over. A few days later, when I was disciplining Ethan, he recited the dialogue from Brave when Merida is telling off her mother, "You walk around telling me what to do, what not to do! Trying to make me be like you!"
Rayen always demands, "Hand!" when she's walking down stairs. I heard her talking to her Prince doll and as she was coming down the stairs, she told him, "Hand!" and walked down holding the little doll hand.
I took Ethan to Monster Jam recently. When the announcer yelled "Put your hands together!", Ethan obediently clasped his little hands like he was praying.
After Monster Jam, Ethan came home and told Rayen (about one hundred times), "Rayen, did you hear that Gravedigger was there!?"
One morning, as we were getting ready for church, Ethan protested, "But we're too sick to go to church!" (big fake coughs)
Ethan loves onions on his cheeseburgers.
Warning: This next quote is another example of how my standards have lowered, as Chris pointed out to me recently.
Rayen let out a little toot and said, "I burp! See?" (sticking out her bottom)
Ethan had a little squirting bath toy. He tried to squirt Rayen, but ended up squirting himself in the face instead. I told him that is called a backfire. He responded "No, it was a bath-fire!" and proceeded to laugh at his joke.
We potty trained this past weekend. I told Ethan, "We're not going anywhere until we've got the toilet mastered." His response, "But we don't have a toilet master, so let's go to Toys R Us and buy it!"
Ethan working the system: Each time he needed to go to the bathroom, he would pee about one teaspoon, wash his hands and get a prize, then go back and pee another few drops, get another prize, going as many separate times as he could.
I got Ethan a Monster truck DVD as a reward for pooping in the toilet. After the first viewing, Rayen started yelling the monster trucks' names with Ethan, "'Rave 'Igger!"
We went to In-N-Out and as we left, I put Ethan's fries on top of the car while I put him in his seat. Rayen yelled, "Hi, Bird!" and I noticed that there were four seagulls on the car, eating Ethan's fries.
Rayen counted to eight last night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment